Sunday, September 4, 2011

Criticisms

Well, I have (rightfully so) been getting criticism about being such a poor blogger.

I must say, it is getting more and more difficult. I am beginning to think that I don't really see Saudi Arabia any more. I don't really see what's out there to see. I don't see what's happening right in front of my eyes. Instead I am getting bogged down with the simple things in life: getting the kids off to school, making sure food is on the table, making doctors appointments, writing grocery lists, etc., etc., etc.

And, increasingly, my living in Saudi Arabia isn't only about living in Saudi Arabia...it is becoming more difficult to see living here as something different, fun, and exciting to do for a short period of time, something to experience. Instead it is turning into a place where I have begun to reflect upon my life in not only Saudi Arabia but, even more so, my life in Sweden and my life in the USA. I guess, living here is becoming much more about me living than about me living in Saudi Arabia.

At the end of the day, that is how it is. One adapts to one's surroundings; finds their place in the midst of it all...what once was strange and foreign becomes the norm. And, although some things are irritating simply because one has known a different way and wishes for example that one could find Kellogg's Corn Flakes because Poppin's Corn Flakes just aren't good enough, in the end it all boils down to:

getting the kids off to school
making sure food is on the table
making doctors appointments
writing grocery lists
etc
etc
etc





No comments:

Post a Comment