Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Osama bin Laden is Dead

My father tells a story about when he was little. He and his younger brother got into an argument. They were outside and each had his bicycle with him. At one point one of the brothers got so upset that he took a rock and threw it at the other brother's bicycle, damaging it. In response to this, the other brother took a rock and hurled it at the first brother's bike. This cycle continued until both of the brothers were sobbing and both of the bicycles were damaged-- but, somehow, they could not stop casting stones at the other's prized possession. Finally, my grandmother came out wondering what was going on and put a stop to the youngsters pain and suffering.

The news of Osama bin Laden's death has had many people rejoicing, celebrating, cheering. Osama bin Laden. A man that caused many people pain. Osama bin Laden. A man that made many people suffer.

He had a lot of followers.
He had a mother
He had a father
He had a wife
He had children

According to at least one news report, one of his daughters watched while he was being killed.

I wonder how my mother would feel if she were to see me being shot?
...my father?
...my husband?
...my daughter?
...my son?

Would it be hate? fear? sadness? rage? loneliness? confusion? something....else?

I wonder who is being hit by the rocks of Osama bin Laden's terrorist activities?
I wonder who is being hit by the rocks of retaliation?
I wonder who is being hit by the rocks of rejoicement?
I wonder how it all will end?
If history tells us anything, it will never end.

I guess now it is time for somebody on Osama bin Laden's side to hurt somebody's bicycle.

I only wonder who will come outside and give everybody a hug when this is all over.

Bin Laden chose wrong path in history: Khashoggi

Expatriates hope for and end to terror killings

Fear, doubt, disbelief over Osama's death

Death to boost anti-terror fight: Kingdom


No comments:

Post a Comment