Saturday, April 23, 2011

Images of Riyadh

A lot of people have been writing to me and asking me to post pictures. I don't feel 100% confortable taking pictures in public. Taking pictures here is... sensitive. So here, I am posting some pictures taken by others (sorry and thanks) of things I have seen and experienced in Riyadh.

Looking over Riyadh city center. The tall building is al Faisaliah Tower, one of two man made landmarks...in a city with no water and no mountains and where everything is about two storys high and sand colored..these babies come in handy! The round ball at the top is called The Globe and is a restaurant. http://www.alfaisaliahhotel.com/dine5.cfm



Kingdom tower (the other landmark!), Riyadh city center. The very top of this building is a sky bridge. http://kingdomcentre.com.sa/kc/skybridge/


The shopping malls are pretty normal looking ...








I see this building every time I leave the house...


A couple of the local souks...
















As you may be able to tell, being here is rather...confusing. At times, it is like being on an exclusive vacation and at other times it fells like being on a backpackers' adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment